Trash Removal Guidelines & General Information
- Collection begins very early in the morning. Please place your trash at the curb the night before collection day.
- Containers not acceptable for trash collection are: Chemical barrels, 55 gallon drums, any extra-large container having a capacity over 34 gallons. All containers must have proper handles and lids. Please do not attach lids to your containers with ropes or wires. Trash containers should not exceed our 30 pound weight limit. We will not service any containers larger than 34 gallons–please replace these containers.
- We have a 1 household limit per service address. Kuerth’s reserves the right to cancel service or add additional fees if addresses are found to be sharing services and/or bringing trash/recycling in from other sources (i.e. businesses or work etc.)
- Weekly Limits: Customers utilizing our cart service are limited to one cart and one bag not exceeding 34 gallons in size weekly. Customers utilizing their own personal cans are limited to 2 personal cans no larger than 34 gallons in size.
- Bulk Items: Furniture, appliances, lead pipes, box springs and mattresses, construction material, carpet, etc. require a special pick-up. Please call our office to make prior arrangements. A fee may apply.
- Holidays: New Year’s Day, Memorial Day, Independence Day, Labor Day, Thanksgiving and Christmas Day are the only holidays that affect your regular pick-up day. If a holiday falls before or on your pick-up day, your pick-up will be one day late. If a holiday falls on Saturday or Sunday, it will not affect our normal collection schedule.
- A new state law took effect April 1, 1995. The new law prohibits the landfilling or incinerating of yard waste in the State of Michigan. Yard debris such as grass clippings, leaves, earth, sticks and brush will no longer be accepted. All trash carts or cans containing any yard debris will be rejected. We will notify you at a later date of our plans for a grass clipping and leaf removal program(if available in your area). Contact your village, city or township for brush removal.
- Unacceptable items for curbside collection will be, but are not limited to, stumps, motor vehicles and parts, gasoline, tires, appliances containing Freon (refrigerators, air conditioners, dehumidifiers, and freezers), all medical waste, biohazard, asbestos, hazardous waste, animal carcasses, shingles and concrete.
- We will accept used motor oil. Place it in a tightly sealed plastic container, label it clearly and place it next to your trash can on collection day. Please do NOT place motor oil in your trash containers.
- All paints must be dried out or solidified before disposal. Latex and oil base paints can be absorbed with kitty litter or oil dry; small amounts of paint can be dried out by leaving the lid off for a couple of days.
- Containers are available for construction jobs and clean-up projects. They are an easy and convenient way to dispose of large amounts of rubbish and trash. Call Kuerth’s at 231-744-4967 or 1-800-332-3496 for more information.
- Carts are the property of Kuerth’s Disposal, Inc. which are assigned to you by serial numbers located on the containers. Do not alter or tamper with carts in any way (i.e. painting, adhesives, drilling holes, etc.) Tampering with carts may result in additional fees for replacement of the cart up to $90.00.
- Kuerth’s Disposal will be responsible for the replacement of recycling carts and trash carts which are damaged by normal use. It is the customer’s responsibility to protect the containers from loss or damage. If it is determined that a container was lost or damaged due to carelessness on the part of the customer, the customer will be charged a replacement fee of $65 per recycle cart and/or $90 per trash cart.
- Please remove all carts from the curb as soon as possible after collection.
- During winter months, DO NOT place trash cans, carts, bags or recycle carts on top of or behind snow banks. A clear path must be maintained from pick-up point to roadway, streets and alleys.
- To ensure the safety of our workers and to prevent littering, please place the following items in a plastic bag: animal waste, kitty litter, sawdust, vacuum cleaner dust, ashes (cold), styrofoam peanuts, styrofoam and shredded paper. This prevents littering
- Disposing of glass: Wrap in several layers of newspaper or place in a tightly sealed cardboard box and clearly label “GLASS.”
- For any cancelled account if the cart is not cleaned when being returned a $15 cleaning fee will be assessed.
Local Transfer Stations
Dalton Township Transfer Station
(Off Russell Rd)
291 Michillinda Rd
Muskegon, Mi 49445
Cedar Creek Township Transfer Station
6871 Holton-duck Lake Rd
Holton, Mi 49425
Fruitland Township Ecology
5281 West Michillinda Rd
Muskegon, Mi 49445
White Lake Area Solid Waste
2100 Holton Whitehall Rd
Whitehall, Mi 49461
For more information regarding your disposal needs outside of our servicing, please visit the Muskegon County Landfill.